The brainstorming process allows your participants to contribute their ideas to your activity and is usually the first step in a map activity. GroupMap supports a number of brainstorming styles:
- Individual brainstorming: Each participant will see only their own ideas during this step - suitable if you'd like to ensure unbiased thinking.
- Suggestive brainstorming: Each participant will see their own ideas, however, a limited number of ideas (default 3) added by other participants will be presented as 'suggestions' which a participant can accept or reject onto their map. This can be useful if you'd like to bootstrap brainstorming with example ideas; share inspiration between participants, and can act also as a prioritization of submitted ideas.
- Collaborative brainstorming: Each participant sees all ideas that have been added, as they are added - suitable for group brainstorming.
You can add more than one brainstorm step to your process (professional/enterprise only).
Add or customize an existing Brainstorm process (facilitator only)
- Open the map customization page.
- To add a new Brainstorm process, click on the (+) button at the end of the Process section and select Brainstorm.
- To customize an existing Brainstorm process, click on the step under the Process section.
- Adjust the behavior of the Brainstorm process, click OK then SAVE CHANGES.
- Move the step to when you'd like it to appear in your process.
A summary of all ideas can be found in the reports section under Brainstorm, where you can view the idea when it was added and who added it.