You must be a Facilitator to add or customize this process step.
The brainstorming process allows your participants to contribute their ideas to your activity and is usually the first step in a map activity.
GroupMap supports a number of brainstorming styles:
- Individual brainstorming: Each participant will see only their own ideas during this step - suitable if you'd like to ensure unbiased thinking.
- Suggestive brainstorming: Each participant will see their own ideas, however, a limited number of ideas (default 3) added by other participants will be presented as 'suggestions' which a participant can accept or reject onto their map. This can be useful if you'd like to bootstrap brainstorming with example ideas; share inspiration between participants, and can act also as a prioritization of submitted ideas.
- Collaborative brainstorming: Each participant sees all ideas that have been added as they are added - suitable for group brainstorming.
More than one brainstorming step can be added to a process (Professional and Enterprise plans only).
To add a new BRAINSTORM process step:
- Open the map customization page (see Customize your map).
Navigate to PROCESS. Click ADD STEP. Select BRAINSTORM.
- Click OK.
To customize an existing BRAINSTORM process step:
- Navigate to PROCESS. Click on the step to be customized.
Adjust the behavior of the process step as needed. Click OK. Click SAVE CHANGES.
To change the order in which the step appears within the process, see Reorder process steps.
To view a BRAINSTORM report:
- Go to the map.
- Open the side panel by clicking the hamburger icon (top left).
- Select REPORTS.
- Navigate to the BRAINSTORM tab. A summary of all ideas can be found along with when and by whom it was added.
To export, save or print a BRAINSTORM report, see Export map data to Excel.