User roles and permissions
This article explains the user roles and permissions available in GroupMap.
Standard map/workspace roles
Participants can only be added to a map by a map Facilitator or Owner.
Each participant in the map/workspace has one of the following roles.
- Can read and comment on the information contained within a map or workspace.
- All capabilities of Viewers, plus:
- Can add ideas to a map
- Can edit or modify ideas on a map (subject to map settings)
- Can comment on map ideas
- Can vote on ideas (subject to map settings)
- Can group ideas (subject to map settings)
- Can rate ideas (subject to map settings)
- Can add actions to ideas (subject to map settings)
- Can complete surveys
- All capabilities of Viewers and Contributors, plus:
- Can invite participants (Facilitators, Contributors, Viewers)
- Can remove participants (Facilitators, Contributors, Viewers) and their inputs.
- Can change the role of other participants subject to available licenses.
- Can modify workspace title and anonymity
- Can modify map title, anonymity, design, process and features (see Customizing a Map)
- Can lock and unlock stages
- Can set timers
- Can move all Contributors / Viewers to a specific step in a specific map
- Can allow participants to access reports or results.
- Can lock and unlock whole maps.
- Can modify the permissions to prevent one user from deleting or editing the ideas by another.
- Can archive a map or workspace.
- Can set entry of map data to be for Facilitators only.
- Can delete individual ideas.
- Can revoke access of an individual participant
- Can revoke overall access of the map and reissue a new link
- For Active Facilitator and Invited Facilitator see Facilitators
- All capabilities of of Viewers, Contributors, Facilitators, plus:
- Can delete map/workspace
- Owner's subscription or Enterprise plan dictates the capabilities of the map (eg. participant limit, access to Consent and Survey functionality etc)
See https://www.groupmap.com/plans for further information
- Can view maps/workspaces they are participants of
- Can create maps/workspaces (for site-wide Enterprise licenses)
- Can participate in maps/workspaces (Note: anybody can be invited to participate in a map/workspace unless Single Sign On is enabled and set as required. If enabled, only authenticated SSO users will be able to join.
- Cannot see maps/workspaces created by other users unless explicitly invited
- All capabilities of Users, plus:
- View and download
- Enterprise usage statistics
- List of users created
- List of maps created
- Cannot reallocate licenses or data from one user to another.
- Cannot view or modify maps or workspaces by another user unless invited to the map by the map owner.